In this tutorial I want to explain how to setup EKS kubernetes in detail.
Prerequisites: AWS Account
You can follow the steps below:
- Whats EKS
- General Architecture
- Create IAM user + SSH Keys + Access Keys
- EKS Service Role
- Create VPC + Subnets
- Create EKS Control Plane
- Command Line CLI tools
1- What is EKS : Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS) is a managed service that makes it easy for you to run Kubernetes on AWS without needing to stand up or maintain your own Kubernetes control plane.
2-General Architecture: To achieve high availability in you Kubernetes clusters, you have to run at least three Kubernetes masters across different AZs.
AZs like in the below picture (AZ-1, AZ-2, AZ-3)
Every availibility zone needs to have members like Master-Node, ETCD, K8s Worker Nodes
AWS Managed: Master-Node, ETCD
User Managed: Worker-Nodes
Kubernetes API is exposed via the Amazon EKS endpoint associated with your cluster.
Worker Nodes is a place where your applications run on it and generally runs in autoscaling groups accross Availability Zones
- 3- Create IAM User: We need to create Policy
EKS Control Plane features:
- Control Plane is highly available
- Single tenant (not share with other customers)
- Made of AWS components (EC2, ELB, ASG, VPC)
- The whole control plane is fronted by NLB (has static IP)
to be continue ….